Thursday, January 6, 2011

Paper Dolls

Growing up I played religiously with paper dolls from Japan.  Every year we would go for spring break and I would bring home books of paper dolls of various anime characters, cut them out on the airplane, and make them all be friends with each other.  I've been wanting to make my own for a long time.  These are some inspirational shots...

found on Loveology

I absolutely adore art work by Emily W. Martin of (Inside a Black Apple).  She has made a great paper doll book which you can order here.  I especially love her idea of making cards that can be cut out as dolls.
You can buy her things on her etsy page, The Black Apple!  Her Black Apple Paper Dolls are only $15!!  I think that's good as free considering how much fun I had playing with paper dolls when I was little, and I really think it planted the seed for what I do now, which is like life size, 3D paper doll fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment