Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Simple Things in Life

Something as basic, boring and horribly symbolic as a chain linked fence can be changed into a beautiful piece of art work.  Dutch design house Demakersvan has made beautiful fences in The Lace Fence project.  This a direct quote from the web site, I couldn't think of any better way of describing their philosophy.
       "Lace Fence is a design of Dutch Design House Demakersvan. It is a high-end metal fabric that gives new insights in how you can create unique environments.
It combines the ancient craft of lace making with the industrial chainlink fence. Every fence is unique in its design by its craft and assembled patterns, which come in a variety of themes. From antique lace floral to contemporary designs and custom art patterns.
Lace Fence shows how something which was meant purely functional can also be decorative. Hostility versus kindness, industry versus craft."






I love the scale of these projects.  Free art on a massive scale for all to enjoy- the world is a happier place.  I also am in love with this project from The Fun Theory (from VolksWagon).  Musical Stairs that actually encourage people to use their two feet instead of taking the escalator every time!  Genius!

1 comment:

  1. . I really hope they do well. I'm excited to get some of Paper and Packaging products for myself! I'll let you know what I think. Upright pianos

    ReplyDelete