Sunday, August 7, 2011

Photo Archives- Handweaving at Haywood Community College

I managed to find myself at the best school for what I wanted to learn.  At Haywood Community College in Clyde, NC (about 40 minutes west of Asheville on I-40) I stuffed myself away in the mountains and studio for two years straight and had so much fun.  Going through my photo archives, I wanted to share with you some of the things I made for my graduate show and how.


 Handwoven table runner and napkins- custom order

 Woven scraps- made into check book covers
 Plastics Bags- hand cut recycled plastic grocery bags- about 40-60 plastic bags goes into each tote.

 Handwoven Dress Coat- Can be worn as a dress or a jacket.

 I made two variations for my graduate shows- we had two going on at the same time.

 This is an Ikat Twill Weave- I dyed the yarn before weaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment